In the old days of newspapers, magazines, radio shows, and TV, you basically had only 2 ways of marketing your business. You can have an ad, that’s one. The other method is to be featured on a show or an article. However, when it comes to online marketing you do have lots of options available. Here are some of the different ways to market online if you have your own business to promote.
- SEO. It’s not enough that you have a website. If it can be found only on the 2nd or 3rd page of results on search engines like Google, it may not as well exist. SEO gives you a chance on getting to the 1st page of results, where the vast majority of users click.
- Get on YouTube with video tutorials. It should be obvious by now that lots of consumers go online with searches that start with “how to”. You can do that very well with a video on YouTube. Videos show a process much more clearly, and they also demonstrate your apparent expertise on the subject. You helpfulness can also gain numerous fans.
- Get listed on relevant directories. That means being listed on sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Google My Business. First, this makes your business look more legitimate. Second, you can get reviews for your business. Reviews are often considered more trustworthy than any other type of ad.
- Use paid ads. Lots of websites have paid ads, and they can work if you have an expert guiding you through the process. It’s even possible to set it up so your ads are shown only to those who are most likely to be interested in what you offer, based on their Internet history.
- Blog. Blogging is so popular because it seems so easy and yet it’s also so effective. You just need to post high quality content on a regular basis, focusing on the subject area that’s related to your business. Your blog posts and articles can therefore cover many topics that can interest your potential customers. A blog can help with your SEO efforts, and it can also enhance your authority on the subject. It also allows for more interaction with readers via the comments section.
- Email marketing. You don’t have to wait for potential customers to come to your site. You can also go to them by emailing them directly. All you need to do is to convince them to subscribe to your newsletter by either offering them a freebie or by promising exciting offers and articles through email. Emails can be annoying for some recipients, but then if you tend to offer discounts, news on exciting new products and developments, and stimulating articles, these recipients may actually welcome your newsletters.
- Use the influence of Instagram. You can just leverage the reach of noted Instagram influencers, or you can start your own Instagram feed. Start with attractive and interesting photos, and use lots of humor.
These are just some of the different ways to market online. Partner up with an online marketing expert, and you can explore the most effective means of promoting your business through the Internet.